Monday, April 6, 2009

"The consumption tax... can only be regarded as a payment for permission-to-live."

"The consumption tax, on the other hand, can only be regarded as a payment for permission-to-live. It implies that a man will not be allowed to advance or even sustain his own life, unless he pays, off the top, a fee to the State for permission to do so. The consumption tax does not strike me, in its philosophical implications, as one whit more noble, or less presumptuous, than the income tax." - Murray Rothbard

The "FairTax" is not fair and the "Flat Tax" is not flat. Exactly why must I be forced to pay for monopoly services from the state that I do not want?

I do not want abortions for free,
I do not want your taxes on me.
I do not wish to pay for your plans,
I do not wish to bailout your friends.
I do not want to be coerced by the majority,
All I want is freedom and liberty.

Why do others feel the need to rule over me?